Annual Community Preparedness Fair to take place Saturday, October 14, 2017, Harkins Theater Parking Lot, Entertainment District at Talking Glass
Starting at 10am on Saturday, October 14th, the annual community preparedness fair will be taking place at the Harkins Theater parking lot, just north of Buffalo Wild Wings, in the Entertainment District at Talking Glass.
Booths and Demonstrations will include:
- Stay-alive tips from Central AZ Fire
- Infant, youth and adult CPR instruction
- Need-to-know emergency first aid
- Search & Rescue experts reveal do’s and don’ts
- CERT min-emergency response tips
- Secrets of emergency food storage
- Wet / dry pack canning
- HAM Radio – how to get trained and licensed
- Dutch oven cooking made easy
- How to make a water purification kit
- How to build a 72 hr grab and go kit
- How to make and use a solar oven
- See the Prescott Valley Police Mobile Command Center (cool!)
- What documents you need in an emergency
- The real scoop on solar powered generators
- Learn pet & livestock emergency care
- Best emergency gardening tips and tricks
- How neighbors can prepare together
- Do-now tips for financial preparedness
About Fain Signature Group
Since 1874, the Fains have been stewards of the land and its resources. Fain Signature Group (FSG) operations include residential, commercial, and industrial development.
Some previous developments include the Entertainment District, Glassford Hill Marketplace, Fry’s Neighborhood Center, Prescott Country Club, Villages at Quailwood, Quailwood Golf Course,Tapestry Apartments, Homestead at Talking Glass.
For more information on the history of Prescott Valley and the Fain Signature group, go to: “Remembering Norman W. “Bill” Fain”.